GSE: STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING SOLUTION
3D STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN SOFTWARE
Part of the GSE software, GSE STEEL allows to verify, design and optimize the steel members of a structure and composite steel-concrete beams.
The unique user interface of the GSE allows to quickly and efficiently create, analyze and design complex models.
The SAFI STEEL CALCULATOR™ is included when selecting the GSE STEEL DESIGN option.
D I F F E R E N T   M A T E R I A L S,   O N E   S O L U T I O N.
•Design of steel sections or composite steel-concrete sections
•Standard CISC, AISC or European sections or parametric section shapes (over 25 shapes available).
•All parameters required to calculate the resistance of the elements such as unbraced length, buckling lengths, buckling factors and others can be customized either graphically or from spreadsheets.
•Latest revisions of CAN/CSA S16 and S6, AISC ASD and LRFD and Eurocode 3 and 4 standards.
•Singly symmetric, asymmetric and built-up section shapes are covered for all design codes.
•Limit states design of the optimized structure are presented in colors.
STEEL DESIGN FEATURES
• Steel verification includes sections classification, resistance and stability checks according to the applicable code.
• Calculation of the bending, compression, tension, shear and combined resistance of steel elements.
• Effects of bearing, transverse and longitudinal stiffeners are considered in the design of bridge girders using bridge design codes such as the CAN/CSA S6 standard.
• The program optimizes the section shapes to minimize the weight or the cost of the whole or a part of the structure. This optimization is performed based on the complete or customized list of standard section shapes or any user defined library of standard and parametric sections shapes.
• Geometrical limits can be defined to control the dimensions and properties of the section shapes selected by the optimization engine.
• The optimization engine can check various deflection criterions during the section selection process.
STEEL VERIFICATION & EVALUATION FEATURES
•Steel verification includes sections classification, resistance and stability checks according to the applicable code.
•Calculation of the bending, compression, tension, shear and combined resistance of steel and composite elements based on the results of a linear, P Delta, non-linear, seismic, dynamic or moving load analysis.
•The design of composite beams accounts for long term deflections, partial composite action, plain slab or slab cast on standard or user defined steel decks and user defined studs.
•The slab reinforcement can be considered in the calculation of the elements resistance.
•It is possible to consider the analysis of composite beams with the full composite inertia or the effective inertia in positive moment regions or the steel beam inertia in negative moment regions.
•Effects of bearing, transverse and longitudinal stiffeners are considered in the design or the evaluation of bridge girders using bridge design codes such as the CAN/CSA S6 standard.
•Complete check of deflection according to a comprehensive set of criterions.
SAFI STEEL CALCULATOR™
The SAFI STEEL CALCULATOR™ is used as a standalone application or in combination with the GSE STEEL DESIGN program.
The SAFI STEEL CALCULATOR™ allows to quickly verify, design and optimize steel beams and columns. It is also an efficient validation tool to verify design results of specific elements of complex models.
Design optimization and automatic section selection features make economic and quality steel structures a reality.