• Standard shapes and parametric shapes (over 30 shapes available) including angles and polygonal tubes are supported.
• Built-up sections are currently supported for the CSA S157 standard.
• All parameters required to calculate the resistance of the elements such as unbraced lengths, buckling lengths, buckling factors, welding, slenderness limit and others can be customized either graphically or from spreadsheets.
• Several design parameters can also be calculated by the program.
• Aluminum verification includes sections classification, resistance and stability checks according to the applicable code.
• Calculation of the bending, compression, tension, shear and combined resistance of aluminum elements based on the results of a linear, P Delta, non-linear, seismic or dynamic analysis.
• Limit states (unity checks) can be displayed graphically on the 3D model by means of colors or numerically in spreadsheets and reports.
• All intermediate results required to verify the calculations are provided in spreadsheets.
• Comprehensive library of standard aluminum grades.
• The welds have an important influence on the resistance of aluminum elements. The program distinguishes two types of welds which are end welds and in-span welds. Each of these types of welds may be full (affecting the entire cross section) or partial (affecting a portion of the cross section).
• In the case of partial welds, the ratio of welded area for each flat segment must be specified. Partial weld ratios on each segment are used in the calculation of the critical local buckling stresses of flat and curved segments in compression.
• The Redesign feature allows to test different solutions without requiring to run the analysis each time.
Fully integrated into the GSE software, the GSE CONCRETE application features reinforced concrete design according to various international codes.
Fully integrated into the GSE software, SLAB ENGINEERING is an automated reinforced concrete slab and foundation design assistant.
LIGHT FRAME WOOD
Fully integrated into the GSE software, the GSE LIGHT FRAME WOOD application features a productive parametric model generation.
Fully integrated into the GSE software, the GSE MASS TIMBER application features Sawn, Glued Laminated and Composite Wood Design.
Fully integrated into the GSE software, the GSE STEEL application features cold formed steel design according to the S136 and AISI S100 standards.