• Material properties specific to wood function of the wood type (sawn wood, glulam or composite), the section dimensions and the wood species.
• Database of the common wood grades available on the market like dimension lumbers, glulam timbers, composite lumbers (LVL, PSL, LSL).
• Standard section library containing the common sizes available on the market as well as wood joists.
• Sections of special dimensions (6 1/4 x 11 3/8 for example) can also be defined and analysed.
• Many proprietary section libraries are also available:
Nordic (NordicLam, Joists)
Weyerhaeuser (Parallam, Microllam, TimberStrand, Joists)
Boise (Versa-Lam, Joists)
• The specification of the material associated to a section is done in a parametric way. The material is selected automatically based on the specified section dimensions, the wood grade and the wood species.
• Calculation of the resistances and various design parameters for all elements of the model are made according to the CSA O86-15.